Matri Mandir is an established and reputed socio-religious institution in the Delhi NCR Bengali community today. Associated with an inclusive variety of socio- cultural enterprises, commenced for the benefit of society and community, the Mandir stands majestic in reverence to many religious and spiritual events.
Apart from the grand Durga Puja celebrations that the Matri Mandir has become synonymous and famed for over the years, there are many rituals and festivals celebrated with equal fervor and devotion at the Mandir. Kali Puja, Jagaddhatri Puja, Saraswati Puja, Annapurna Puja, to name a few, are celebrated annually with devotees from all walks of life joining in to participate while Satya Narayan Puja, Amabasya Puja and Shani Puja are celebrated every month.
Pratishtha Divas of Maa Kali, Lord Shiva and Lakshmi Narayan Temple is also celebrated every year.
Besides, an unique ritual known as “Mangal Yagna” is performed for the welfare of devotees.
Cultural and Recreational events along with spiritual discourses are organized at regular intervals under the patronage of Matri Mandir. The Mandir organizes many events such as:
- Kathamrita classes every 1st and 3rd Saturday of a month at 10:30 am.
- Naam Kirtan every 3rd Saturday of a month after Sandhya-arati
- Sahitya Sabha, a Literary Interactive Session, every 1st Sunday of a month. With a rapidly expanding following, the Sahitya Sabha has become a very popular event for the Bengali literature enthusiasts of Delhi NCR
- Noboborsho will be celebrated on 15 April, every year, Start with “SURJA PRONAM” at 5.30 a.m. Glorious cultural evening followed by Misti Mukh and distribution of Matri Mandir Calender and Panjika (Nirghanta) will be held on the day.
Other initiatives, much valued and running successfully for years include:
- Charitable Clinics - The Matri Mandir Samity has been running a Homeopathic Dispensary in its premises for quite some time now. This dispensary, along with an Allopathic Clinic, has been in service of society under the direction and expertise of qualified Doctors for several years now.
- A Physiotherapy Clinic, equipped with qualified staff and appropriate equipment.
- In-house Library with Reading Room facility - With a collection of over 3000 books spanning various subjects, including Literature, Dramatics, Fiction etc. The Library and Reading room have become very popular in the locality and everybody is welcome to use these services.
- Drawing Classes for school-going children every Saturday.
- Music classes every Saturday specially for school children and also for music enthusiast.
- Bengali Learning Classes are conducted in association with “Sarba Bharatiya Bangabhasi Samiti” on Sundays.
- ‘Ashor’ – An open interactive forum to discuss and pursue Cultural and Literary fervor under the auspices of “Sarba Bharatiya Bangabhasi Samiti “ on the Third Sunday of every month.
- Free Medical Check – up and Health Awareness Camps - Keeping Senior Citizens and Ladies in mind, a much essential service, and these camps have been extensively well received and immensely successful in reach and satisfaction of the community.
In addition to the above, the Matri Mandir Samity, for several years, has been granting Scholarships to the meritorious as well as economically weaker students of some selected Schools. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of their previous academic performances and results and as per the recommendations of concerned School Principals.The scholarship is named “Sudipto Ghosh Memorial Scholarship”..